Fundamental Terms of Service
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other TwitPub users.
- You may not use the TwitPub.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the TwitPub.com service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack TwitPub.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with TwitPub.com .
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any TwitPub members (“Spam”).
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of TwitPub, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your TwitPub.com account. While TwitPub.com prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that TwitPub cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the TwitPub.com service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the TwitPub.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The TwitPub service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on TwitPub to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on TwitPub.com must provide a link back to TwitPub.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Beta Phase Conditions:
- During the beta stage/phase – we reserve the right to maintain the TwitPub platform to be closed or limited to a number of users.
- We reserve the right to test and remove any features on the TwitPub platform without any form of prejudice but solely in the spirit of enhancing the TwitPub platform.
- We reserve the right recommend and execute any enhancements, removal or closure of any part or whole of TwitPub platform at anytime without prior notice – to part or whole of TwitPub users.
- All users understand and agree that during this beta stage/phase, they will relinquish all rights to claim damages arise from using the TwitPub platform and its related services.
- All users understand every possible risk and agree to abide to all of the terms and conditions.
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the TwitPub service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- TwitPub undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit TwitPub to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
No Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
TWITPUB PROVIDES THE SITE AND SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. TWITPUB SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEGRATION, INTEROPERABILITY OR QUIET ENJOYMENT. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
You understand and agree that you use the Site and Services at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages that arise from such use. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TWITPUB BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING BY NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO USE, MISUSE, RELIANCE ON, INABILITY TO USE AND INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, DAMAGES INCURRED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND THE NONPERFORMANCE THEREOF AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, SALES, DATA, GOODWILL OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT TWITPUB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY. YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE OR SERVICES OR WITH TWITPUB SHALL BE TO TERMINATE USE OF THIS SITE AND SERVICES. Some states do not allow the exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Claims can be sent to [email protected]
TwitPub Advertising Network / Social Network / Platform – is intended for users to share information, photos, ideas, etc. with their friends, it is important to distinguish between what we will share with third parties, and what users are themselves sharing on the Site. We do not generally restrict what you share with your friends on the Site, and you are solely responsible for the content and privacy of what you share. TwitPub, however, does not sell personal information to third parties at any time for any reason. The information we collect, as described below, is used solely to facilitate the delivery to you of our Services. Despite our policy against the sale or use of personal information of users other than for the purpose of delivering the Services, users should be aware that what they share on the Site may be discovered by third parties without the involvement of TwitPub, including, without limitation, search engine crawlers, bots and the like. Users should always take that into consideration whenever they share something, whether on our Site or on other third-party sites.
Information we collect
Information you provide
- When you sign up for an TwitPub account, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, email address, and a nickname. You’ll be asked to create a password for your TwitPub account. You may also provide us with additional email addresses that we will link with your account.
- You may create a public profile that includes certain personal information and pictures, which can be accessed and viewed by other TwitPub users.
- If you choose to have TwitPub aggregate your activity from other websites, you must provide us with your username for each site. You should be aware that for certain sites, this may expose your email credentials. For some sites, we will ask for a password if it is required by that service to display the information on TwitPub.
- When you provide friends’ email addresses and the services they use, we store these in order to provide Services to you. We also store your imported contact list if you choose.
- When you invite friends to TwitPub or send messages through TwitPub, we collect and maintain information associated with those messages, including email addresses and content.
Contents of entries
The contents of any entry that you post directly to the Site, including any text, images, photos, videos and audio, are stored and maintained on our servers in order to publish these items and provide the Service. Your submitted content will be associated with your account.
When you send email or other communication to TwitPub, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
This is information that is commonly made available by web browsers and servers, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. TwitPub uses this information to better understand how visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in TwitPub usage.
We maintain and process your personal information in order to provide your TwitPub account and access. When you send messages or invitations through TwitPub, your name, email address and personal TwitPub URL are identified in the message. We also use your name and email address to notify you of TwitPub updates that you have selected for in “Settings”, as well as other information, such as friend subscription requests.
We store passwords for third-party services if it is required by that service to display the information on TwitPub. We do this in order to provide Services to you. We do not store passwords for third-party sites when you provide them as part of contact information retrieval, such as contacts import from Gmail.
In addition to the above, TwitPub may process personal information for such purposes as:
- Sending you information related to your TwitPub account or other TwitPub services;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
TwitPub processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. For users outside the United States, please note that any personally-identifying information you enter into the Site will be transferred out of your country and into the United States. You consent to such transfer through your use of the Site and our Services. You also warrant that you have the right to transfer such information outside your country and into the United States.
Choices for personal information
You may change your TwitPub account settings in the TwitPub “Settings” section. You may delete your entries through TwitPub, and this will take immediate effect in your account view. Residual copies of deleted entries remain in our database to keep them from accidentally reappearing in people’s feeds. When an entry is deleted in TwitPub, it often is not deleted in the third-party site from which that entry came. TwitPub retains the original entry so that it is not added as a “new” item during a future crawl.
You can decline to submit personal information to our Service, in which case TwitPub may not be able to provide the Service to you.
In addition to the uses noted above, TwitPub only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of TwitPub in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicableTOS, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of TwitPub, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to TwitPub employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
TwitPub processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use TwitPub, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Policy only applies to the TwitPub website and services. We do not exercise control over the sites that our service links to. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read such privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable restrictions on the disclosure of your personally-identifying information, and TwitPub and its affiliates shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of your personally-identifying information by any third party.
TwitPub regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or TwitPub’s treatment of personal information by contacting us at [email protected] or by writing to us at the address below. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is TwitPub’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between TwitPub and an individual.
Changes to this policy
This Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent, and we expect most such changes will be minor. Regardless, we will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.